Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Software Update

I'm now back to running Aperture 3 at 64-bit after the last update. I also recommend running the ProKit update as well. It seems to have fixed some issues around crashing when using the new brush feature. So far so good.

Aperture 3 seems a little more adept at switching between libraries. So I might take some time and retire/archive some of my old projects and just keep a library offline. It'll reduce the weight of the library that I carry around with me on my laptop and hopefully it'll also improve performance.

4 comments:

  1. So you think the coast is clear? I've been waiting on the update so far, sounds like it's been a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems relatively stable so far. But I updated my library before all the updates came through. I'm going to turn on my Faces tonight and see how it handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faces is still really slow and terribly inaccurate with certain people. Not sure if it's worth the overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to 32-bit again since there are some plug-ins that I depend on and it requires that I run in 32-bit.

    ReplyDelete