Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still waiting to use Aperture 3

It's been 4 days since I've installed Aperture 3. I'm still reprocessing and identifying faces. Granted, this is my primary machine so I've had to pause the processing during the day but seriously? I've basically been locked out of using my machine since the processing takes so much memory. I have about 35k photos in my library. I really don't think it's that large, but I guess Aperture 3 is having an issue with that.

On another note, Faces is terrible. When it works, it's like magic. But when it doesn't, it sure makes Apple like dumb. Some of the mistakes that it makes are best described as comical. I normally would post a screenshot, but to protect the identities of the people who have been gracious enough to allow me to photograph, I'm skipping it this time. Somebody should make Aperture take the "All look same" test. Cuz I'm pretty sure it'll fail. Badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment